Rent Assistance Programs
- Provides many resources including a rental assistance program. Qualified individuals may also receive assistance with security deposits, rent payments, utility and heating bill payments and general housing assistance. Must be currently homeless, facing eviction or moving to a new location. If you are eligible for assistance, please call 412-227-4164 for details on how to apply.
- URA’s COVID-19 housing assistance can help with rent assistance in emergency situations, one-time and up to 3 months. To apply, contact PA United Way 2-1-1 in one of the following ways.
- Text your ZIP Code to 898-211
- Dial 211 from your phone
- Call toll free at 1-866-856-2773
- By chatroom: http://pa211sw.org/
- Can offer one time assistance to help with rental evictions, pay utility bills, and even such expenses as medical bills. For more information or questions about applying for funds, please call 412-697-7390.
- Rent assistance and other emergency financial help for residents of Allegheny County, outside of the city of Pittsburgh. Eligibility for this specific funding requires that your income has been affected by COVID in a negative way and that you are able to demonstrate that through documentation. Please contact assistance coordinator, Beth Kendra, at 724-226-0606 x10 or at [email protected] for more information and to apply for help.
- NHCO can help with rent assistance in emergency situations. To qualify the individual or family must be at or below 150% of the federal poverty level. To apply contact the NHCO office nearest to your home (list at bottom of this page).
PA Southwest 2-1-1 – Search the website for resources. Text, live chat, email or call to talk to someone 24/7. Call 2-1-1 if you need interpretation.
Allegheny Link – Contact Allegheny Link to be connected to additional rent and housing resources. Call 866-730-2368 or email [email protected].
Hebrew Free Loan – The Coronavirus Financial Bridge Loan Program provides interest-free loans on a nonsectarian basis to residents of Allegheny, Beaver, Butler, Westmoreland, Washington, and Armstrong counties whose income has been impacted by the COVID-19 outbreak. Loans to individuals/couples are up to $5,000. To learn more or apply: Call 412-422-8868 or email [email protected]
Facing eviction? This Eviction Process Tips article may help.