**Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin announced that the federal tax payment deadline will be extended 90 days due to the coronavirus crisis. Taxpayers should still try to file by April 15 if possible.**

Tax season is here, but there are plenty of resources available for you to get help with your taxes before the April 15 deadline.



United Way Tax Services
If your household makes under $55,000 ($30,000 for single filer), you may be eligible to receive free, in-person tax prep services from United Way. Visit their website for more information, or call 2-1-1 to see if you’re eligible and schedule an appointment. Interpretation is available, and sites are located around the county.

Households making under $66,000 a year can file their taxes for free through myfreetaxes.com. This site is provided with support from United Way, the IRS, and H&R Block to make filing your taxes online easy. For more information, check out the website.

AARP Foundation Tax-Aide
AARP provides free tax assistance to low- to moderate- income individuals and families, especially for those over the age of 50. A list of sites is available on their website; call a site near you to get more information about eligibility and appointments.

IRS free tax-filing program sites
Check this list to see what other sites offer free tax-filing programs and find out about eligibility and appointments. Call each individual site for more information.



For those able to navigate online software, you may be able to use any of these services to file your taxes online for free or reduced cost.

File for PA state taxes only.

Credit Karma Tax
File online for free, including state taxes.

TurboTax Free
File federal and state taxes online for free. Tax professionals are available on-demand for additional assistance.

H&R Block Online
Offers both free tax filing and other tax services for a fee, all online.

Offers free federal and state tax prep and filing online.



For a fee, many tax professionals are available throughout Allegheny County to help you file your taxes. These services are especially helpful for individuals with complicated tax issues, self-employment, or back-owed taxes. These services are also useful to those who do not qualify for free tax services. Some of these services can provide interpretation for your appointment.

H&R Block and Jackson Hewitt Tax Service are just a few of the many offices in the city who can help you file your taxes.

Additionally, if you are lower income and need help with an IRS audit of your taxes, collection problems, or a tax case pending before the United States Tax Court, you may be able to receive legal assistance through the University of Pittsburgh’s Taxpayer Clinic. Contact the clinic for more information by calling 412-648-1300.


If you or someone you know needs assistance connecting to any of these services or with any other tax-related issues, please contact Immigrant Services and Connections (ISAC) at 412-742-4200 or submit a referral online. We will speak with you in the language with which you are most comfortable to help you connect to the services you need.