USA: Tomato Bacon Cups
About this Recipe
By: Bill Campbell (via Literacy Pittsburgh
Featuring crisp bacon and flaky biscuit dough, these Tomato Bacon Cups are easy to prepare and perfect to serve as appetizers!
Bill is a volunteer with Literacy Pittsburgh, and this recipe was submitted via their cooking program!
- 8 slices bacon, crisply cooked and crumbled
- 1 medium tomato, seeded and coarsely chopped
- 1/2 small onion, coarsely chopped
- 3 ounces (3/4 cup) Swiss cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 (1o ounce) can refrigerated flaky biscuits
NOTE: Biscuits must say “flaky” on the can and be a normal size, not “giant” or “texas style”. Pillsbury biscuits in the tube can work well for this recipe.
Add spice to this dish by adding either 2 teaspoons chopped green pepper or 2 teaspoons chopped green chillies!
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
Mix bacon, tomato, onioin, cheese, mayonnaise, adn basil in a large bowl. Set aside.