USA: Ham and Herb Mushrooms
About this Recipe
By: Julia Jung (via Literacy Pittsburgh)
These flavored and gently roasted mushrooms are perfect to serve as appetizers or to snack on. Julia describes them as a “simple recipe that everyone should try”.
This recipe was submitted through Literacy Pittsburgh’s cooking program by student Julia Jung! She lives in Aspinwall with her husband and two kids.
- 8 large flat, field mushrooms
- 3 scallions, finely chopped
- 3/4 cup smoked ham, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese, finely grated
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons oregano, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon water
This recipe is easy alterable to your individual taste! Change the filling up to make it vegetarian, vegan or with whatever spices you would like.