TAIWAN: Rice Noodles
About this Recipe
By: Shu Chuan Huang (via Literacy Pittsburgh)
This dish features thin rice noodles seasoned with a variety of traditional Japanese spices to create this staple dish!
Shu is a student at Literacy Pittsburgh and this recipe was submitted via their cooking program!
- 61⁄2 ounces rice vermicelli
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons dried, small shrimp (Soak
in warm water for 20 minutes and drain.)
- 4 dried whole mushrooms (Soak in warm
water for 1 hour. Drain and cut into
- 1⁄3 cup ground pork
- 2 cups cabbage, shredded
- 1⁄4 cup carrot, shredded
Mix these ingredients well in a bowl. Set aside.
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white pepper powder
- 1 tablespoon sesame seed oil
- 1⁄3 cup soup stock
- 1 teaspoon sugar
“Tsa bi whun” in Taiwanese translates to “fried rice noodles” in English.